Fire Barrier Mortar
3M Fire Barrier Mortar is a firestopping compound made of lightweight cementitious materials. It comes in poly/paper packs and is ready to apply with a mix of potable water. 3M Fire Barrier Mortar doesn’t need fibrous damming materials nor it has MMMF/man-made mineral fibres or asbestos. 3M Fire Barrier Mortar does not contain Portland cement binders, hence making it more resistant to typical concrete toxins than PC-bound mortars. It is ideal for firestopping mechanical and electrical penetrations.
Image credits: 3M.com
How to mix Fire Barrier Mortar?
Most mortars are inflammable to some degree. The ingredients clay, cement, lime and sand naturally have fire and heat resistant properties. However, the mixing ratio for the Fire barrier mortar that not only resists fire but also prevents heat damage.
Follow the intended density and directions for best results. You can also use Fire Barrier Mortar in any area where you would use traditional mortar.
Why choose a Non-electric fire protection system?
There are 2 types of Fire Protection Systems- Electric & Non-electric fire protection systems. Deciding whether to use active or non-electric fire detection is also important. Non-electric fire suppression does not demand electricity. Although in case of a power cut, you have the assurance that your fire protection system will work in case of a fire outbreak.
Fire protection systems play an important role in keeping the building, occupants, assets, safe. If you are looking to protect a commercial space, critical equipment or machines, a fire suppression system may be your best pick.
Image credits: 3M.com
- Firestopping and sealing mechanical and electrical service penetrations
- Blank openings and large annular spaces
- Floors and other applications requiring self-levelling material
- Vertical and horizontal substrates requiring non-sag adhesion
– High-temperature resistance
– Protects and insulates from fire
– Can be applied in thick layers
– Easily removable by subsequent drilling
– Flexibility of use
- Ready-to-mix pumpable Fire Barrier Mortar is ideal for restraining fire at large annular spaces and floors.
- Lightweight mortar is designed to absorb heat, reducing the chance of combustion on unexposed sides.
- Polypropylene-fiber reinforced powder mixes with water for self-levelling or non-sag applications.
- Contains no asbestos, MMMF or halogens.
- Firestop tested for up to 3 hours by ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC-S115
Features of Fire Resistant Mortar
- When the penetrants generate heat in Mechanical and Electrical systems, our 3M ™ Fire Protection Mortar (PDF, 279.8 Kb) offers a ready-to-mix solution. The firestop mortar (PDF, 400 Kb) can be mixed with potable water and is therefore fast and inexpensive.
- Our mortar can be mixed for self-levelling applications such as floors or as a stable material for vertical walls. It bonds well to a number of common building materials, including concrete, metals, wood, plastic, and cable jacketing, making it a versatile mortar.
- The mortar can also be pumped, which means it promotes faster working hours with the result in lower labour costs. It cleans easily with water. Polypropylene fibre strengthened material reduces cracking during cure time. The cured material can be painted after priming.
- It is also re-enterable. Once installed, technicians can easily access components with a regular hole saw. This mortar does not contain asbestos, halogens, Portland cement, or MMMF and does not require any fibrous insulation materials or processes.
3M mortar is tested in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC-S115 when installed in listed systems, providing 2-1/2″ (63.5 cm) minimum thickness in concrete floors. It is also at par with AS1530.4, EN1366 and ASTM E814 (UL Listed) and has proven efficient self-bonding during fire testing. Our 3M™ Fire Barrier Mortar has tested fire rating up to 3 hours.
EcoTech offers a wide range of fire protection agents, Installers, and our expert team can identify the best product for your application. We have strong partnerships with manufacturers that allow us to offer smooth delivery.
Discover our other categories for this Fire Barrier:
- FIREDAM COATING
- FIRE SPRAY
- FIRE BARRIER SEALANT
- FIRE BARRIER COMPOSITE SHEET
- FIRE BARRIER FOAM
- FIRE BARRIER PILLOWS
- FIRE BARRIER DUCT WRAP
- FIRE BARRIER DEVICES
- FIRE BARRIER COLLARS AND WRAPSTRIPS
Fire protection systems are pivotal in keeping building occupants, assets, and the building safe. If you are looking to protect critical equipment or machines, a fire protection system is your best option.
Visit https://www.ecotechinnovations.in/ to order now.